Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currently and My Manifesto for 2014

Happy New Year! Last year I made a manifesto for 2013, I thought I'd do another one for 2014.


I think my manifesto for 2014 is self explanatory. My OLW this year is Focus. I seem to get distracted easily lately since there is so much going on. I need to slow down and focus more. 

Now onto my January currently. I'm linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade


This winter break was much needed. I've been busy, busy, busy with work and home. 2013 was a tough year emotionally with my family. There was a sudden death in the family at the beginning of 2013, I've watched my mother in law forget the people that love her the most because of dementia, my mom had an unexpected triple bypass, and my dad is currently going through some medical procedures. I believe all these things have brought my family closer but it's been a very stressful year.

My winter break memory (the good). This winter break I ate some great food with some great company. Homemade food as well as local restaurants. With my husbands family "it's all about the food". It was slightly out of control for a while but I'm back to my normal eating habits. 

My winter break memory (the bad) - I got severe car sickness! By the way, I've never had car sickness before EVER! We went to visit family 2 hours up north and on the way back the one and only freeway to get home was shut down due to an accident (we took a detour through a small town). It turned into a 3.5 hour drive home and I was sick the entire way. The longest 3.5 hours of my life!! It took me a day to sleep it off. I usually sit in the back seat with my daughter on long drives but not anymore!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2014!



6 comments:

Angela Nerby said...

I'm sorry to hear about the illnesses in your family, but it seems like you have a great outlook for 2014. I love the manifesto you made!

Angela :)
Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

Jayme Ayer said...

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you had this year with your family. Let's hope that 2014 brings you and your family health and happiness!!

I didn't get car sick this year, but I did get motion sickness on a fishing boat. I completely feel your pain. No fun!!!

Happy New Year!

:) Jayme
Trendy in Third

Charlotte said...

The manifesto is adorable. Gotta pin it!
Very sorry for all the challenges you had in 2013.
Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun 

Fern Smith said...

I came over from Currently! My Mother had dementia and our family suffered for a long five years before she passed away this November. It is much harder on the family watching it then on my Mother. I pray you will have a better 2014. I am your newest follower!
~Fern
Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

Bec Perry said...

I get terrible travel sickness- my hubby thought I was exaggerating until we actually took a long car trip. I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Sounds like you have had a lot to handle last year, wishing you a better 2014 x
Books, Bugs and Boxes

Jenn Snyder said...

Your manifesto is the best! I wanted a few more days of winter break too. Our district went back to school yesterday, only to tell us at 10:30 that they were dismissing us at 1 (I guess due to the oncoming snow). And today we have a snow day. :) I got lucky.