Saturday, January 25, 2014

Alphabetical order freebie

I've been working with a small group of third graders in preparation for the big state test in April. I thought I'd start with some basic skills. One thing I noticed when I taught third grade was how many students would miss alphabetical order on the benchmark tests. It's an easy skill but students always seem to miss it. I like to use this up with this strategy: read it, stack it, and put it in order

Students read the words first, then they stack the words how it is already written and last they put it in order. For me, stacking the words makes it visually easier to see if the words are in order or not.


My brand new pens (Uni-ball Signo Gel Ink Pens .38mm)


1 comment:

Alison Rose said...

Oh my goodness! Where did you find those pens? I used to have some similar to these and I have looked high and low and couldn't find them again. I even searched their website!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'