Sunday, December 1, 2013

Currently December

I'm linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade. It's a good thing Farley has this linky every month or I'd probably never update my blog the rate I'm going!



My daughter has a project due on December 17th but because of her good work ethic, she decided to work on it all Thanksgiving break. I must say, I'm fortunate that she's not a procrastinator.

This is my favorite time of year - the holidays!

About three weeks ago, I got that dreaded call on my cell phone from my mom, informing me my dad was in the hospital. He was having a hard time breathing so she took him to the emergency room. He had pneumonia, was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and they found a spot on his lung. The spot on his lung is still to be determined since he had the pneumonia. Another follow up CT scan will be done in a few weeks. He has a coronary angiogram this Wednesday, which could possibly result in open heart surgery. It really made me sit back and think about how precious time is.

My favorite tradition for Christmas is Christmas breakfast with my family. There's nothing better than my mom's cooking! We all gather at my parents house and have a yummy breakfast and exchange gifts afterwards.




1 comment:

Corrina Allen said...

Hope you have a lovely holiday with your family and that your Dad is on the road to recovery. My thoughts are with you...

Corrina
From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files