Saturday, August 10, 2013

Week one

I survived the first week back to school! It feels like I never left. I'm the Instructional Technology Coach at my school. We give all the fourth and fifth grade students laptops. I spent all this week preparing the laptops. The students basically check them out like a library book. All the fifth graders received their laptops by the third day of school and next week is fourth grade. I got very little sleep all week! Since I was working late all week I got to see this (see below)

A sleepy pelican!

The pelican flew to the playground late in the afternoon after all the students were gone and took a nap under the ramada! Pelicans are not native to Southern Arizona. One of the other teachers called the Wildlife Foundation and they picked up the pelican. During the summer the pelicans migrate from Mexico to the coast of California and because of the strong winds from the monsoons they sometimes get off track. The pelicans that get off track in their flight end up dehydrated and the Wildlife Foundation nurse them back to health and then take them to San Diego to release them. 

It was nice to see all the students again. It's amazing how much they grow during the summer!





No comments: