Thursday, August 1, 2013

Currently August

Another school year. It's amazing how fast two months can go by. I'm linking up with Farley from Oh'Boy4thGrade. I just love her monthly linky!


I apologize in advance for typos and misspellings! I'm so sleep deprived right now. School officially started for me on Monday. I've been so BUSY and so STRESSED. I just have too much to do and not enough time. My sleep has taken the back seat in order to complete all I need to do. 

So, it's rather late right now and I should be sleeping but what happens when you are stressed?? Insomnia! (don't worry, the kids haven't started yet).That's the worst thing! I think most of my items are self explanatory but I will write about my must haves:

1. New colorful pens!! I LOVE pens. In fact I love all types of stationary products. "Hi my name is Cindy, I'm addicted to stationary products". I was in Vegas over the summer and found a little shop in the China Town district that had 3 huge tables of journals and notebooks. It was pure paper heaven! My husband just could not understand why I had to touch and look at every notebook/journal. Well, lets just say I have many fun cute notebooks to last me quite a while. What goes best with notebooks/journals - PENS! I'm quite picky about my pens too. They must be extra fine tip and that is hard to find in fun colors. 

Look at all those notebooks!

2. Lunch tote: I totally blame the fact that I must get a new lunch tote on my parents. When I was young it was a tradition they would buy me a new lunchbox every school year. Back when I was a kid..... Well, let's just say they don't make them like that anymore :(  I haven't found a new lunch tote this year. It's really making me feel odd this year. I got this idea after watching a news report on how unsanitary most lunch totes are that maybe I should go old school this year and put my stuff in a brown paper bag. Well, it's not working out so well.

3. Fast quick breakfast items. My drive to school is about 20 miles. Which means I leave my house early because I like to get to work early too. I'm one of those people that gets stuck in food ruts. I have the same thing every day for breakfast, I tend to order the same food item and never switch it up. When it comes to breakfast and work days, it needs to be fast and easy and quiet. I don't want to wake up my entire household since they are all happily sleeping when I get up. Over the summer I started making egg whites on toast. So all this week I've been making it the night before and just popping it in the toaster oven while I get ready. I can tell this type of breakfast isn't going to last much longer! 

Well I'm off to try and get some ZZZZZZZ!



3 comments:

Good Enough Teacher said...

wow, I can't believe you're already back in school! Get some rest for sure! TGIF, right?! I am also a fan of lunch totes!! I get mine at Target. I've had the same one for a few years though... sounds like I might need to replace it?! (what I don't know won't kill me, right?!) Hope you survive the first week!

Ms. O said...

So do you put the egg in the fridge after you cook it? Until the next morning?

Curious because while my current commute is only about 18 minutes I will be moving in late September and it will be ... significantly longer. LOVE the new place but egads, the drive. Mornings will just be long ... I think I'll beat most of the actual traffic. On the way home, though/ That's going to be brutal.

But I like quick and fast and easy.

Oh, and pens. ;)

My lunch tote is a SW insulated one from Pottery Barn Kids. My sister got it for me as a birthday present. The little boys think it is funny when their teacher librarian has the same lunchbox as they do.

Ms. O
MsOReadsBooks

Bec Perry said...

Hope you get a chance for a sleep in soon! I have a pen addiction too- the cuter the better