Sunday, February 10, 2013

Elapsed Time Strategy

Happy Chinese New Year!

I've been working with a Biomedical Engineer Graduate Student from a local University this past school year along with one third grade class in my building. She shares lessons based on what the students are learning at the time in either math or science. I have really enjoyed my time working with her because she knows way more about math and science than I do and I have learned so much from her. 

One thing the third grade class I'm working with is struggling with is elapsed time. I usually always teach elapsed time using the little Judy clocks or drawing the clock faces. Here is another strategy for solving elapsed time. I really like this method because the students are forced to show their work and once they understand the process it works for all elapsed time problems. 


Hopefully, you will find this helpful for your class too! 






No comments: