Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One day left of this blurred month

First off, this post has nothing to do with school because I've hardly been at school all month! I'm on day 28 of my illness and still feel mostly yucky! The pneumonia is gone but I have pleurisy (inflammation of the lung lining membrane), which appears like it's never going to get better. It causes a great deal of pain. Some of what  I've gone through this month...

  
a round of antibiotics

lots of cough syrup

Ibuprofen for the pleurisy (I've been taking ibuprofen for the past 16 days - 8 pills a day to help with the pain)

2 chest x-rays and a chest CT scan with contrast dye.



Today was the second day this month I worked a complete day. If you have ever experience pleurisy, please leave me a comment and tell me how long it lasted. I'm starting to get discouraged. Today I started on some herbal medicine to see if that would make a difference. 

   


No comments: