Sunday, November 25, 2012

Math Freebie

I kick started my morning with some Zumba. For those of you that have tried Zumba, you know it takes about 2-3 weeks with the same instructor to get "the hang of it". Well, my regular instructor was on vacation today and the substitute instructor gave a good workout but out of 40+ people in the room, only 3 people could follow her. I looked and felt like I had two left feet through the entire class. The music was a wee bit too loud even with my earplugs! I'm a little surprised that nobody else wears earplugs. Do these people not realize that they are exposing themselves to irreversible hearing damage?

Anyhow, I've been working with a third grade class with fractions. The students are having a tough time comparing and modeling fractions on a number line.


What ideas do you have for modeling fractions on a number line?





No comments: