Sunday, August 19, 2012

Laptops Galore!

Last week I was in charge of organizing and handing out over 200 laptops to the fourth and fifth grade classes at my school. I had to put all the laptops in the cases with the power adaptors, put names on cases and adaptors, assign laptops to students, hardwire and login all 203 students prior to giving out the laptops, and make sure all the laptops were on the district wifi. I also had to get all 203 parents to a mandatory meeting to go over the laptop student/parent contract for this school year. Let's just say I was very tired this weekend!

It was a ton of work but to see the joy and excitement of those fourth and fifth graders made it all worth it. All our fourth and fifth grade classes at my district will be one to one with laptops. The picture above only shows a corner of that room. Did I mention there was no AC and I live in southern Arizona!! My pores are looking great still.

Since I was at school from 6:30am - 6:00pm I got the chance to see the biggest moth ever! I was told
they only appear in the early morning and right before sunset. Lucky me! Seriously this moth was HUGE! At least 3 inches long. I'm hoping this week will be a little less hectic than last week!


1 comment:

Liliris said...

Wow! That is a lot of laptops! How did your school get so many? I am very impressed. I would love to get a whole class set of them some day.

Liliris
Fourth Grade Garden