Thursday, July 5, 2012

Target School Supplies

Have I mentioned that I have always LOVED school supplies? Even before I became a teacher I was obsessed with school supplies. I noticed yesterday that Target is starting to put out their "Back to School" supplies.
My husband gently reminded me as we were walking by the newly formed school supply aisles that I won't have a classroom this upcoming school year so I shouldn't need to buy ANYTHING. For the last 7 years he's been forced persuaded every July and August to stand in line with the maximum amount of notebooks and folders you can buy. I admitted he was right but I still just wanted to "look" at all the goodies.

You know I'm going to be looking through those dollar bins as soon as they fill them up with all those Back to School items. Target also happens to be half a mile from my house. It's my "go to" store for everything.

I had a nice relaxing day enjoying my "free" Starbucks drink. Apparently, I went there quite often last month during all my district training days. I got a free drink for having 15 transactions. Sadly, my carefree days are coming to an end again next week. Starting next week I go to more district training. Five times to be exact. Anyhow, I enjoyed my day off today by going to the mall with my daughter. Eating pretzels and drinking an ice tea lemonade. It was abruptly put to a halt when my daughter said she had enough and my foot decided it could take no more walking (we didn't last long).

I've been playing around with Evernote. I don't know why I never looked at it sooner. So far I like it. It looks like it will be useful. I love technology but I still need to write things down the old fashioned way. I find if I don't physically write things down (especially appointment), I won't remember it. Therefore, I need to go buy a new calendar/organizer since mine only goes to July.






No comments: