Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer break, well sort of...

My summer break officially started May 27th but today is the first day I've had off. Guess what time I woke up? 5:40am! What have I been doing since May 27th? I've gone to district trainings, spent an amazing week with local university biomedical engineers, and was working hard unwrapping the common core standards for second grade. It's been a busy summer and next week I have 3 more days of work. Is it summer time yet???

I said goodbye to my classroom since I will be taking on a new role at my school. Within the last year I have really downsized the amount of stuff I have. Moving twice in one year will do that to you, moving 3 times within 15 months will force you to get rid of stuff! I reduced my load to about 10 boxes. Most of the boxes were full of misc. dollar bin school supply goodies. I don't know what it is about those Target dollar bins....

My foot is still bothering me. It's been almost 10 weeks. My shoe selection is very slim now days. I can only wear 3 pairs of shoes. The only shoes that is truly comfortable are my crocs. I don't find them very attractive looking but I have considered getting them in a more neutral color so I can wear them all summer.

No comments: