Thursday, April 19, 2012

State testing and a freebie!

One more day of State testing. Let me just say, I can't wait for it to be over! I think I'm more wiped out then the kids. While my class is testing it is my job to monitor and walk in circles around the room for 3 hours. I normally don't mind being on my feet a lot but my foot is still bothering me. Tonight my foot is all swelled up again :( 

This year the school provided snacks and juice for the first break between testing sessions. Although the intention was good it totally backfired. Do you know how many of my kids had to go to the bathroom during the second session of the test? I also had 3 kids bouncing off the walls. It's amazing what a little bit of OJ does to a few kids! Did I mention how great my student teacher is? She brought me a Starbucks black tea lemonade today. A Trenta size!! I'm surprised I wasn't bouncing off the walls too!

click here to pick up your copy
Here's a graphic organizer I made for Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day for sequencing. I hope you can use it in your class too.

The past few days I have been given a possible new opportunity. Although I really don't want to admit it, I love change and I'm always up for a challenge. The past few years I have come to realize how very blessed I am to have such awesome colleagues!

No comments: