Thursday, April 5, 2012

I survived the week at a snail's pace


I made it through the week walking at a snail's pace. One thing I did notice since I was walking so slow was how green the grass is at my school. It almost looked like someone painted it green. I guess that's what happens after a week long vacation. Strangely none of my kids said anything about how slow I was walking. My student teacher did walk the kids everywhere this week but I walked with some of them in the morning before school started. Maybe they were just being polite! My foot/ankle actually feels a lot better today. The swelling is also much better compared to earlier this week (see picture - ignore the ugly foot). My principal has a nickname for me now too - Speedy!?!

I don't watch TV too often - I haven't had cable in over 10 years but I have to admit I have been watching American Idol the last two seasons. Ever since Steven Tyler came on as a judge I've been watching it. No, I wouldn't call myself an Aerosmith fan either. He just says the strangest things plus he wears the most interesting outfits.

1 comment:

Heather's Heart said...

Your foot looks like mine did about a year ago. I missed a step and fell ON my ankle! Ouch!

I hope it gets better soon!

Isn't it funny the things we notice when we stop and slow down? I think we all need to try and do that at times.

Come visit me when you get the chance. I just your cute blog! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart