Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Break Time!

My Spring Break has officially started! One week off - Yippee! The only bummer is my daughter has a completely different Spring Break than I do. My plan is to catch up on some reading, meet up with some friends, and work on my Project Life.

I was truly blessed to participate in an all day Crops of Luv event with my Scrapbook Chicks! I completed three 12x12 two-page layouts (see picture - I covered the faces of the people to respect their privacy). I was proud of myself because I'm very much a novice when it comes to scrapbooking and I've never really made any 12x12 layouts before except for my past participation in Crops of Luv. I really enjoy making scrapbooks for other people but have never managed to make one for myself. I am doing Project Life right now but it's not a traditional scrapbook, it's more or less a picture album. Our group made 19 complete albums today!

Anyhow, I'll probably be up to the midnight hours tonight since I am stuffed from all the food & sweets I ate today. Just imagine a room full of 75-90 women and most of them like to bake yummy treats. It was food overload today! We had a salad potluck and then a "Queen of Sweets" (vote on the best dessert) contest. There were so many sweets after the salad that I couldn't even sample all of them to vote on a winner! 

Tomorrow I am going to watch The Hunger Games. I read all the books over the summer. I usually don't enjoy a movie if I've read the book first (except for Harry Potter). I have noticed in the last five years that I am very picky where I sit in a movie theater. I like to sit on an aisle seat and 3/4 of the way from the top preferably with nobody directly behind me or in front of me (not going to happen tomorrow). I think half the reason I go to movies now days is just for the buttered popcorn. Most of the time I can wait for the movie to come out on DVD. I think my husband realizes this and that's why he bribes me with popcorn whenever he suggests a movie!

Since I have some extra time this week, I was thinking about putting up my "Poking through the dictionary" worksheets (dictionary/guide word practice). Leave me a comment if you are interested.

No comments: