Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Farewell Summer Vacation

Well July came and went and now it’s time to go back to work. I officially start work tomorrow. The students return on Tuesday, August 9th. Wow, what a fast summer vacation!

Here are some of the things I learned this summer:
1. Taking a class during your summer vacation makes you feel like you are still working.
2. Do not take any “school work” home for the summer because you’ll never get around to taking it out of your car trunk.
3. There is a whole community of awesome teacher bloggers.
4. Deciding to stop playing FB games was a good choice this summer.
5. Exercise is really good for your mind, body, and soul.
6. There is nothing better than being with your family and friends.
7. It is wise to stay indoors in Arizona between the hours of 12-6pm during the summer.
8. I do not need or crave coffee any longer.
9. After 11 years, I can finally sleep in past 6:30am. My only child is 11 years old.
10. After taking 6 weeks of Zumba this summer, I realize I CAN shake my hips and dance my booty off!

Wishing everyone a great school year!

1 comment:

Mrs. Danielle Othon said...

Love #6! I wish I was in Zumba still! P.S I love your new button, the hearts was a nice choice!