Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Last Week of Summer Vacation

This is my last week of summer vacation. It sure went by fast. I just got back from San Diego. I love the weather in San Diego especially in the summer time. It's so nice to feel comfortable (temperature wise) all day long.

I have been very busy since I got back trying to prepare for this coming school year. Below is a picture of what I've been working on for the past few days. I've been making signs like crazy!

I made a new sign for my window, subject signs for my objective board, new pencil passes, bathroom and water sign language signs, and a noise level sign. The noise level sign was created from a picture I saw at http://allabout2ndgrade.blogspot.com/.



One thing that has worked really well for me in the classroom is using sign language for "water" and "bathroom". I love that it's all non verbal. The students raise their hand showing me in sign language and I just nod my head "yes" or shake my head "no". I love that I can do that across the room without being interrupted while I'm working with other students.

3 comments:

Robin Hood said...

HI Cindy. Thanks for sharing this. Oh thus water can be represented....

Ms. P said...

Hello! How does the pencil pass work? Great ideas here, thank you!

Heather's Heart said...

What a great idea!

You are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Heather
Heather's Heart